Digital marketing involves a series of activities including SEO, SEM, Content marketing, Email marketing, and social media marketing.
From these various sub-niches of digital marketing are so many other activities a business owner needs to understand to make meaningful use of the internet to attract customers. In this article, I will limit my discussion to social media and why you need to use it to market your business and attract customers.
What is social media?
Social media refers to the different online communication channels that bring people of varying background together as members of a community with the purpose of sharing useful information.
There are different types of social media channels. These SM channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn and so many others; as of January 2018, Social Media Active users are more than 3 billion people worldwide.
With the internet having over 4 billion, social media has the largest potential to help small businesses reach their customers and make more sales.
Below are five reasons you should leverage social media for your marketing:
- Find your target audience. Social media are organized according to interest. Facebook, for instance, wants to bring people together so you can connect with friends and share useful and beneficial stories. You can use such interest line to locate a group of Facebook users whose shares your business interest.
- Drive traffic to your business. If you own a website or have a local store, you can use social media to advertise your product and attract traffic. As at July 2018, Facebook has over 2 billion active users; these are everyday people you can attract to your business.
- Build trust with your customers. Your customer needs to trust you before they can buy from you. The beauty of social media is bringing you face to face with your customers where you have the opportunity to interact with them and know what they want and prove your worth to them.
- Build brand recognition. Social media provides the opportunity for small businesses to create brand awareness. This used to be the exclusive preserve of large corporation like coca cola who have the financial power to engage branding professionals.
- Increase sales. Because social media brings you to your customers, it helps to boost sales by converting new customers with ease.
How can you leverage social media for your business? Giving the technicality of effective use of social media for business it advisable to engage social media services to deliver cutting-edge social media service for you.
You will need a digital marketing specialist to help you leverage social media for your business.
Outsourcing your social media marketing gives you the opportunity to focus on your core business offering. This will save you from wasting your resources on paid advertising without commensurate due to the steep learning curve involved.
If you need help with your social media marketing, contact the author.